3. API Reference¶
The framework is designed in a modular fashion with a separate module for each log input format, each data output format, a few auxilliary modules for the datatypes exposed by the framework and their functionality. Where possible, standards dictating formats are linked in the API reference.
Each module comes with documentation including examples of usage. The best way to learn the framework is to peruse the API reference and try out the examples, modifying them to suit your purposes.
- 3.1. lars.apache - Reading Apache Logs
- 3.2. lars.iis - Reading IIS Logs
- 3.3. lars.csv - Writing CSV Files
- 3.4. lars.sql - Direct Database Output
- 3.5. lars.geoip - GeoIP Database Access
- 3.6. lars.datatypes - Web Log Datatypes
- 3.7. lars.progress - Rendering Progress
- 3.8. lars.dns - DNS Resolution
- 3.9. lars.cache - Cache Decorators
- 3.10. lars.exc - Base Exceptions